Image Map

Sunday, November 23, 2014

5 Reasons I Will NOT Shop On Black Friday



I'm getting old. One thing that reminds me of that little fact is the fact that I have no desire to participate in Black Friday craziness, unless of course it is online. Here's why:

1 - Don't want to get arrested.
People are down right rude and inconsiderate and now that I have gotten older I have absolutely no tolerance for it. I have no problem calling a b*tch out if they conveniently didn't see the line of ten people waiting to be rung up and "cut" everyone. I have no filter and will put someone in their place but usually these people won't go down without a fight usually a verbal altercation but I would not be afraid to throw a punch if necessary. Or those people that when you are patiently waiting for a parking space with your blinker on and they swoop in and take the spot. I will hunt you down and give you a verbal tongue lashing. So I rather not get an assault charge so I'll just stay home.

2 - Buying way more than I need.
Did I really need four of that sweater in four pretty ugly colors? Absolutely not, but it was only $10 so why not? Or did I need to pick up ten of that hot chocolate gift set that was 60% off? No but I'm sure I'll find ten people to give it to. The problem is these sales get us in a trance and we just buy, buy, buy and we end up spending more in the long run on unneeded or impractical items.

3 - Want to enjoy Thanksgiving.
I don't want to spend Thanksgiving sitting at the dining room table with the map of the mall or outlet center trying to plot the best Black Friday plan of attack. In addition I don't want to anxiety of the anticipation of one of the craziest days of the year tainting my meal.

4 - Better things to do.
Like anything is better than having my blood pressure skyrocket and having serious buyer's remorse.

5 - Cyber Monday!
Why push through crowds, wait on long lines and be disappointed when I can sit home in my PJs with snacks and a drink and do some serious sale shopping from behind my computer screen? Need I say more?!

What about you? Are you a Black Friday shopper? I used to be so I totally get why people do it but I've just grown tired of these shopping wars and rather sit home and eat leftovers. xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Cyber Monday I'm allll about... Black Friday needs to go away! I'm SO with you on this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on this one. Never ever done Black Friday and don't plan to. There are other things I'd rather be doing and there is nothing I want that bad. If there is ever a year where I have a specific need and find out that item will be a black friday special-maybe, but I'd almost just rather pay more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy going out on Black Friday to survey the madness, but I don't think I've ever even bought anything on Black Friday so it's totally pointless. Besides, I'm all about Cyber Monday since most of my Christmas gifts will be bought online this year anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to do the Black Friday thing years ago but now... you couldn't PAY me. All those crazy people? Aw HAILLL NAW!

    ReplyDelete