Image Map

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Multi Strand Shamballa Style Class

Getting ready to hit the road on this gorgeous day
On Friday I went to a multi strand shamballa style bracelet making class at Island Bead and Jewelry in Eastport, NY. I had previously taken a shamballa style bracelet making class there and have been making the bracelets ever since for friends and family. I was excited to learn a new variation of the bracelet everyone loves so much. I arrived early for the class to pick out the beads I wanted to use. I decided to go with pinks and whites for the summer months.
My supplies
Because I had taken a similar class previously I caught onto the technique quite quickly. I was also lucky enough to be the only one taking the class that day so I had a great one on one lesson. I was a bit disappointed that after working on the bracelet for a little over an hour it ended up being too small for my wrist. We under-estimated the length but it came out nice so I plan to give it as a gift. The good news is that I was able to go home and replicate what we did and I made the same bracelet in my size. So the class served it's purpose.
The finished product!

All in all I enjoyed the class and now have an awesome new bracelet that I can make. I plan on hitting up the bead stores soon to pick out some new color combinations. My head is full of ideas. If you are interested in taking a class at Island Bead you can see their class schedule on their website at: www.islandbeadandjewelry.com . It's definitely a nice fun summer activity!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am Alina. I am a final-year student in fashion design. This blog is very interesting. I really like jewelry.
    hire a best writers

    ReplyDelete