Image Map

Friday, March 20, 2015

Dark Cloud

My girl waiting in her Gramps' hospital bed
I was going to have a very stressful week due to lots of orders, a deadline for an exciting event for my jewelry (which I'll be talking about next week), doctors appointments for myself and my father plus normal everyday stuff but apparently it wasn't going to be stressful enough. I actually made arrangements for St. Patrick's Day for someone to sit with my dad so myself, Joe and Liv could go to Joe's family's house for their annual St. Patrick's Day dinner. I was really looking forward to this since I don't get out much lately. I almost canceled because myself and Liv were getting over being sick and still were quite under the weather but I was desperate for a night out so we went anyway.

When we got home my dad decided to get ready for bed. Long story short, he collapsed and was completely out of it for a good two minutes. He wasn't unconscious but completely unresponsive. I thought I lost him too. I kept thinking this cannot be happening. I cannot be losing both my parents in a 3 month span. I called 911 immediately and they were here within five minutes. Luckily by that time he became coherent again. They took us to the hospital where they ran tons of tests.

After being in emergency for 24 hours and finally getting moved to an actual room we are still waiting for the last test results to trickle in. Thankfully, everything has been coming back good. They are thinking he just got the bad stomach bug myself, my daughter and hubby all had. And of course because of his age and other medical conditions it just hit him harder. We are hoping on him getting released tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

I just feel like all the horrible stuff I've been through the past few years has to be some cruel joke. I truly feel like I have a dark cloud over my head. I know many who like the good old expression "God only gives you as much as you can handle." Well , I'm there. I cannot handle another friggin' thing. Can I please have a break? Can I please have a boring year? That would be fabulous!! Thank you!! xoxo

Me and my girl before all the drama of the week

4 comments:

  1. Sending u lots of love. Keep your head up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you lots of hugs. I never really liked that saying about getting more than you can handle. It just sucks plain and simple. I'm going to focus on the good things you mentioned...tons of orders to fill and an exciting new event. You definitely deserve a break and some positivity! Here's to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and hoping you get a break soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! I'm so sorry about your situation and glad to hear your dad was okay-at least. I was going through much of the same thing in the last year and a half and it's so stressful watching your parents get sick, and have to help them and take care of them. My dad died a year and a bit ago and it was quite sudden too (they found cancer and the doc told us he had days, possibly weeks to live...he lived for a couple months) but it was the hardest summer of my life. Seeing my dad get weaker and more sick in front of me (when he was hardly sick a day in his life before this) was so difficult. You feel helpless. My mom is not too well either and we're not that close, so it makes it even more hard. I'm sorry for the loss of your mom, I'm new to your blog and just read your earlier posts. Stay strong and I hope your dad is feeling better soon and he recovers quickly!

    ReplyDelete