Image Map

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

An Electric Weekend


Happy Tuesday!! I know I am a little late with my weekend recap but better late than never. On Saturday night we did the NYC Electric Run. Basically, it is a 5K run at night with cool "lands" designed with funky lights. It was fun but not without some stress beforehand. The normally 45 minute drive to the arena in Brooklyn took over 2 hours and we hadn't picked up our race packs ahead of time so we had to do that once we got to the venue. And the lines were insane! I am always early to things so this was giving me a lot of anxiety. Once we finally started the run I was able to calm down a bit and enjoy the view. Here are some photos.








 



So the run was fun and all but I think it definitely could have been cooler. Maybe I was just irritable from being so late but there were big stretches of darkness between the set up lights. I also couldn't help but think this was the perfect set up for a sociopath. They could have easily hid in the brush and grabbed people as they went by in the dark. There also seemed to be a lack of security for this type of event hence a sociopath's dream. Okay, maybe a watch a bit too much CSI, Law and Order and Criminal Minds but one can never be too safe. I would do this again next year but leave much earlier and just tailgate beforehand.

A few more things. You HAVE to head over to A Worker At Home and check out the review they did on a necklace from my newest Etsy shop My Funky Heart. There is also a giveaway for a free personalized name necklace! Head over there and enter now!

A sneak peek from post...

Hmmm...What else? If you are planning on ordering a tutu from my Etsy shop Oh So Pretty Designs do it soon!! I am getting swamped with Halloween orders and the more orders I get the sooner the cut off will be for Halloween orders. Don't delay!!

Well have a glorious day!! Catch you on the flip side!



 photo dancinsig.png

No comments:

Post a Comment