Monday, February 23, 2015

Nothing Ever Goes As Expected

So my first week back from vacation didn't go as nice and as productive as I had envisioned. Besides being absolutely exhausted from a week of 16 hour days in the park the whole family was feeling a bit under the weather. We brushed it off to the drastic change in climate. As the week went on the hubby and myself were just getting sicker and sicker.

 By Wednesday my cough was so terrible that it was causing my stomach to have weird muscle pains. My stomach was feeling so odd that I needed to investigate further. Then panic set when I found a hard lump, mass around my belly button. After spending a few hours at the doctors office on Thursday it ends up the severe coughing caused me to get an umbilical hernia. And guess what? I need surgery. As if I haven't been put through enough these past few months. It isn't an emergency but should get taken care of. My stomach still hurts and is very tender to the touch.

 As if that wasn't bad enough. I woke up Friday with my eye crusted shut and red eyes, hello pink eye. I called the doctor I had just seen the day prior so see if they could write out a script for me but nope because I hadn't specifically come in for my eyes. Seriously? I went in the day prior for feeling sick and for my stomach and the doc looked at my eyes. I was furious especially since it's hard for me to get out since I cannot leave my dad alone. I couldn't get out for the doctor two days in a row. Luckily a family friend informed me about a CVS minute clinic that is super close to my house and they were able to help me out in a really short amount of time.

 Then on Saturday, I heard a weird noise coming from my dishwasher as I walked by it, the thing is it wasn't on. All of a sudden, water started pouring out of the thing and flooding the kitchen. We jammed towels underneath it while Joey tried to get the water turned off but since we are still getting used to where everything is in our new home this took a little while and the towels were getting soaked quicker than we could replace them. We eventually got the water off and mini flood cleaned up but again another mishap we could have done without.

 But one thing I am excited to share from the past few days are a couple edited photos from my nephew's newborn photoshoot. I took the photos before we went to Disney and my sis who is a master graphic designer and editor finished them off. The two photos I am sharing in this post I absolutely adore. They are different and really show what a snowy, cold winter it's been. What do you think?

 Anyway, I'm starting to feel a little better but still run down. I definitely did not accomplish everything I wanted to last week including all the blog posts I had up my sleeve. Oh well, it's a new week and hopefully things are a little less eventful. A nice boring week will truly do me some good.


  1. What a terrible past few days you have had! Those photos make up for it though =0)

  2. That sounds miserable! I hope you're feeling better!

  3. Ugh!! So annoying. All of it. Hope you get that boring week you need to re group.

  4. Beautiful photos. Hope you are feeling better soon.

  5. What a rough few days! I hope you get to feeling better soon!

  6. Oh you poor thing! I hope you are feeling better. There is still good all around - treat yourself to something nice like a pedi or massage!