Image Map

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Your First Birthday In Heaven


Dear Mom,

You haven't even been gone 6 weeks and the fact that this day is upon us already is like throwing salt on already very open wound. Each day I seem to feeling more and more lost and the fact that your birthday is here has me unable to think about anything without breaking into tears. Life is so unfair sometimes. You think you have all the time in the world and in the blink of an eye someone can be taken from you. You were healthy, you were young, nothing prepared us for that morning.

I know you would want us to be happy, to continue on with our lives and use all the happy memories to keep the tears from our eyes but it is hard because there should have been so many more memories, you should have been able to see your grandchildren grow up but instead we they need to get to know you from the stories of those who had time to spend with you and love you.

I promise you we will do just that. We will share all the happy memories we have. Tell them how you were loving, generous, a good time and a devoted wife and mother. Tell them how you were selfless and put everyone above yourself. I promise you, you will not be forgotten and everyone will celebrate you on this day every year but your memory won't be exclusive to your birthday, we will continue your traditions and share everything you loved and you will live on forever.

Happy Birthday Mom!! I cannot even begin to express how much we all miss you and wish you were here. How we wish we could tell you we love you just one last time. I hope you are celebrating up there with Nanny and Papa and dancing on clouds. We miss you down here but must find solace in the fact we will be celebrating together again one day. Until then. I love you mom.....

Love,
Jenny

3 comments:

  1. My heart aches for you, friend. I'll be praying for you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will probably always be a tough day but I do hope that it gets better over time. Happy Birthday to your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family as you deal with the loss of what sounds like an amazing wife, mom, and grandmother. Thinking of you! XO

    ReplyDelete