Image Map

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Meet A Sponsor: Catherine From Bailey Dailies




Hello friends!! I am pleased to introduce you to a pretty incredible lady and VIP Sponsor this month, Catherine from Bailey Dailies.  What better way to get to know someone than by asking a few questions.


1. Tell us about yourself.
I'm Catherine and I blog at Bailey Dailies. I am an attorney and I work in a small town in Alabama. I live with my husband (my high school sweetheart), and our 4 fur babies. I love to travel, cook (and eat), read, follow Alabama football and blog! I am ALWAYS busy and I really enjoy that--but sometimes I love nothing better than lounging quietly by the pool with a book or watching tv all afternoon.

Catherine and Ruffles
2. Why did you start your blog?
 I started my blog as a way to document my life with my husband--like a scrapbook. This year I decided to really focus more on the writing aspect of blogging because I really would like to be a writer. I feel like practice makes perfect, and that you can't really be a writer if you aren't writing! I actually just landed a job as a freelance contributing writer to a local magazine, so my hard work is starting to pay off. I'm excited to see what else is in store!

3. What can we expect to see on your blog?
You can expect many different types of posts. I blog about everything from what we did on our weekend, to recipes I have tried, to random things I've been pondering--anything and everything! We have just listed our house and are searching for a new one so hopefully there are going to be some fun design posts coming in the near future!

4. What is your 5 year plan?
5 year plan--wow--the answer to that question really changes over time, doesn't it? I'm 29 so in 5 years I will be nearly 35--oh boy. In the next 5 years I hope to have built a larger client base as an attorney and to have successfully tried several jury trials. I also hope to have started writing more frequently for magazines and perhaps I will try my hand at short stories or even a novel. Hopefully my husband and I will have maybe 2 kids by then (wow, that sounds a little scary to me). I hope that we will also have been able to do the things we love during those 5 years--travel, explore new restaurants, go to lots of Alabama football games, and spend lots of quality time with our friends and family!

Catherine and her hubby

5. Tell us about your most embarrassing moment.
 My most embarrassing moment happened just a few months ago. I wore this adorable light green and cream seersucker skirt to court one Friday. It was a packed room and there were several lawyers, defendants, and family members. I was in there for nearly 2 hours trying to work out my cases. I was all over the room talking to the district attorneys, the Judge, my clients, and other lawyers. When I left I went to another Judge's office just to chat and say hi. When I walked in the assistant pointed out to me that you could see my bright blue panties through my light skirt--I had forgotten to change into nude ones! I was MORTIFIED because I just knew everyone in the courtroom had seen and I always try to be so professional and modest. I cried all the way home to change!



After finding out all about Catherine I cannot wait to follow her at Bailey Dailies and I know you probably feel the same way.  Be sure to stop by her blog and give her a hello! If you would like to be a VIP Sponsor for my blog be sure to check out all opportunities on my sponsor page.  


 photo dancinsig.png

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Jenny for having me! So glad we found each other in the great big blog world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, it is a big blogging world and it's always great when you find a fellow blogger that both interests you and with whom you can relate!!

      Delete