Image Map

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Book Review: Baby Bumps

I have always been a fan of Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi since her first days on The Jersey Shore. She was the most lovable and entertaining one in the bunch. Then, I was thrilled when she was on Dancing With The Stars this past season. I loved seeing how she matured being a mother but was still silly and fun loving. So you could imagine how excited I was when I was looking at a local bookstore's website and saw Snooki would be in town doing a book signing.

If I'm being honest, I didn't even know she wrote a book or what it was about so I looked it up. She wrote Baby Bumps, a book chronicling her pregnancy and first few months as a mom. I am a fairly new mom with a two year old so I was definitely interested. That was it, I was going to the book signing to meet her.

I went and met her and she was so gorgeous and super sweet. There was tons of people there and she took the time to take photos with every person and was really nice about it. Don't get me wrong, I only had like two seconds with her because she had hundreds to greet but it was still exciting.



I didn't read the book until after the signing, a little backwards I know, but I was pleasantly surprised. I was a little unsure as to whether or not Nicole actually wrote the book herself., that was until I read the first page. You could definitely tell they were her words. So funny, so blunt. She didn't sugar coat  a thing and I loved it. Reading it I felt like I was having a hilarious conversation with one of my besties. I constantly found myself chuckling out loud.

 Having a child two years ago, I could completely related to this book and her experiences. I wish I would have had it when I was pregnant or right after birth, though, nonetheless I still enjoyed it. And I know I will pick it up again when it's time for baby #2.

It was also nice to see how down to Earth Nicole is despite what many may think. She talked about shopping at Mandees and how she can't see spending a ton on maternity clothes. This was refreshing to hear when she is one of the few who can afford those prices. And she also talked about how she knows her fame isn't going to be forever and has been saving and doing the right things with her money. This woman truly knows what she is doing. She's fun and silly but when it comes down to it she is a smart business woman.

I think this is a perfect gift for those planning on having a baby soon, those who are prego or those you just had a child. BUT you need to have a sense of humor to enjoy the blunt discussions on the not so pretty parts of pregnancy.  Personally, I enjoy that type of humor so I thought the book was great but I do realize not everyone appreciates that approach.

Overall, my recommendation is go out and get yourself a copy of Baby Bumps! You'll be so glad you did!!  Did you read it? I would love to hear your thoughts...


1 comment:

  1. I think I'm going to buy this on my Kindle tonight! Snooki has always been my favorite and I plan on having a baby relatively soon and would love to hear her take on it

    ReplyDelete