Image Map

Friday, February 28, 2014

Medical Miracle: Doctor On Demand



So I found myself in a little medical predicament yrsterday morning. I woke up with a UTI (sorry for that info but it helped me make a discovery). Problem is that my husband started a new job and and we don't have insurance yet  and even if I made my way to a walk-in clinic there was no way I could wait in a waiting room forever when I need to pee like every 2 minutes.

My mother in law then told me about this app called Doctor On Demand. Basically you can talk to a doctor for $40 and then can send a prescription to your pharmacy if they deem one is necessary. I was definitely skeptical but found myself desperate for relief.

I downloaded the Doctor on Demand app on my Android and it had me register with the app. I put in my contact info, payment info, symptoms, allergies and any current meds I am taking.  It honestly took like 5 minutes tops. It then said I was being connected to a doctor. I waited maybe 30 seconds and a doctor's face popped up on my phone. He asked me what was wrong and I explained the problem. He then asked me my pharmacy phone # (have this ready, I accidentally didn't and felt bad making the doc wait) and he said a prescription for antibiotics would be ready in 4 hours. Crazy, huh?!

Best part is the phone calls are FREE until end of February but this was well worth $40 in my opinion!! I will call back if needed. It was the same price as a co-pay and no waiting hours to see the doctor. Great discovery!! Please note: they cannot prescribe controlled substances through this site but it's perfect if you need regular antibiotics. You can visit their website to get more specifics on what this app is good for and what you need to see your doctor for.  Hope some of you will find this info helpful!! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I can't even tell you the number of times I've known exactly what was wrong and needed antibiotics...and it's such a pain to get to the doctor. Thanks for the info!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I've never heard of this before. I'm going to have to check it out. Off to do some exploring.

    ReplyDelete