Image Map

Monday, September 22, 2014

DIY: Black & Glitter Pumpkin



I am finally feeling that fall is in full swing and that means it's time for pumpkin picking and of course decorating pumpkins. I am not the greatest at carving pumpkins so I love non-carve alternatives. I haven't picked out any pumpkins yet but I found a paper mache pumpkin at a local craft store and decided to get my fall on. Here's what I came up with: a Black & Glitter Pumpkin.


Gather your supplies: a pumpkin (real or fake), black paint, glitter (whatever color you desire), glue and paint brushes.


Paint your pumpkin black.


Start painting on some glue in desired glitter pattern.


Place pumpkin in a box to catch glitter and sprinkle glitter on glue. I did this a little at a time so glue didn't dry up.


Keep doing this around entire pumpkin. I used a fine paintbrush to touch up and add glitter where I felt necessary after going around the first time.


Voila!!

Hope you enjoyed this easy tutorial. I cannot wait to try it in different colors. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment