Image Map

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Awkward Blogger Problem #2: The Need To Document Everything



A couple weeks ago I wrote about Awkward Blogger Problem #1: Needing An Abundance of Self Portraits. You can go back and check out that post: here. Well, I came up with another: the need to document and photograph everything. This isn't a big deal if you are in the privacy of your own home and documenting say doing a craft or trying a recipe. It becomes super weird when you are out in public, well at least for me.

For example, I took a glass fusing class for friend's birthday last week. I mentioned it in one of my posts but ideally I would have loved to write a post solely on that. Problem is I felt too awkward snapping a bunch of pics as we worked, let alone take notes. I managed to sneak a selfie of my sis and I in our safety glasses and got a photo of my work of art but that was it. The location we were at was so awesome, I wanted to walk around and take loads of photos but feared the judging eyes of all non-bloggers. Instead, I played "normal" and took photos of only what everyone else did. Reality is nobody probably would have thought much of it but I was just too self-conscious.

My husband on the other hand loves to call me out when taking photos. If we got something cool and unique to eat and I try to sneak a pic, he is like "why do you need a picture of that?" Or when we were at the aquarium last weekend and I was trying to take tons of photos both for the blog and just for memories with our daughter he was impatient and saying "why do you need so many photos?' Don't get me wrong, he really is the nicest guy but non-bloggers don't get it, we need to document and photograph everything even if it isn't being shared. It's just the way we are made.



So please say I am not the only one who feels awkward constantly taking a million photos and taking notes? I am a photographer so I can get away with it to a degree. People just figure I love taking tons of photos because it's my passion and it is but they just don't understand that sometimes I just NEED them.  What about you? Do you feel weird about it or do you just not give a f*&k about what others think? xoxo


7 comments:

  1. This has me cracking up!! Its so true!! Hubby has gotten so used to it that he usually just hands his phone over on a Sunday night for me to download the photos to my phone!! Its actually creepy sometimes when Im randomly taking pictures in public!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahah! You nailed it! Pete always asks me "is that for your blog?" Yep. Yep, it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It depends on who I'm with. I've always been interested in photography, even before blogging, so pulling out a camera isn't a big deal to me if I'm by myself or with family or close friends. But if I'm with a big group I feel awkward about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So agree! I always feel better when I'm out with fellow bloggers, then at least they understand . . . or are doing the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do the same thing!! If it's people that don't know about my blogging I am more reluctant though. And a lot of times I just take random pictures "just in case." I don't even know for sure if I'm going to post about it or even need it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha i don't care what other people think. i know that other bloggers get it! :)

    ReplyDelete