Image Map

Friday, May 23, 2014

Where Are My...



Happy Friday, my little blogging lovers!! So I have been on a hunt. For what? You may ask. I truly enjoy tons of different blogs, all types written by all types of people from all walks of life. But I have found there are a few categories where I feel the selection is low. Maybe it is just that I am not looking in the right places and you can give a girl a hand.

Where Are My?

Plus Size Fashion Bloggers - Although I love reading fashion blogs by all these pretty little things, I am smart enough to realize I will not look good in half of what they wear. I still like looking for some inspiration from these gals but I want inspiration from someone close to my size. One blogger I have found and makes me feel better about myself is Nadia Aboulhosn. She has great fashion sense and is more my size and she leaves me wanting more. I want to find other bloggers like her. She is such an inspiration for us curvy girls.

Non Religious Bloggers - I am not a religious person so I am a little turned off by blogs that are solely faith driven. Don't misunderstand me, I completely respect these bloggers but it is not my thing. That being said their are some "religious" bloggers I regularly read as long as every post isn't about God. In blogging land, I feel like there are so many blogs where the first words under their little photo are "God Loving" and I feel automatically shunned. Again, there is nothing wrong with that but where are my fellow non-religious gals at? One is Erin from Two Thirds Hazel. If you fit into this category you will want to check out this post by her: My Beliefs In God.

Non "Goody Two Shoes" Mommy Bloggers - I am a mom and occasionally I write about my antics with my daughter but my blog is about me and how being a mom is part of my life, not my whole life. I feel like so many (not all) mommy bloggers are: all organic, use reusable diapers, breast feed, etc. and non of those things are me. These types of bloggers make me feel like I am a bad mom and I know I am not so I usually avoid these blogs all together. I give props to those who do all of that but it's just not me.

Funny, Sarcastic, Witty B*tches - I think I can be witty on occasion and damn right sarcastic (at least in real life) and I want some gals I can laugh with and know they aren't taking things too seriously. I have actually found a few blogs in this category that I really love but I love them so much I want more!! Here's a shout out to the blogs in this category that I simply love: Voyage of the MeeMeeThe Daily TayI Wore Yoga Pants To Work and Helene In Between. Check these ladies out! I love them!!

Male Bloggers - Let me clarify, male bloggers whose blogs aren't about sports. I want to read a lifestyle blog by a funny man. I always find a male perspective enlightening and down right hilarious at times. Are there any of these out there?

So if you know any fabulous bloggers that fit into any of these categories please give a girl a hand and let me know. Enjoy the holiday weekend!! xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Well you make my day!! Thanks so much for the love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when i come across a blog that has "i love jesus", "faith" "god first" all that stuff... i typically X right out. i don't agree with that stuff and seeing it offends me just as much as they would be offended if i said "god isn't real". so yea, i get turned off by them too lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree about the mommy bloggers! I say if your kids are happy, you are succeeding. I actually agree with all of these... I appreciate other points of views on things, but I don't like feeling like I'm being forced to go one way or another. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a non religious blogger for sure!! I don't talk about it in any way on my blog and I actually wish I had the guts to write about it the way Erin did. I know someone who is taking her 3 mo old to the Chiropractor on a weekly basis. This is very disturbing. She is also cloth diapering. Good thing she doesn't have a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely agree on the non religious blogger stuff. It isn't that I'm offended or don't agree with some of the things they talk about, I just don't want to be all they talk about. I just find that I'm not able to relate to the blog as much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE it! Thanks for the shout out, girl! Do you read Kathy's blog Vodka and Soda or Amanda's blog Meet at the Barre? LOVE them both... very funny! 2 new faves: See You in a Porridge and B Loved Boston.

    ReplyDelete