Image Map

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Grumpy, Nasty Judges On Idol Tonight

Top 9
Boy oh boy did the judges wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning or what?! Not that I disagreed with all their criticism tonight but I think they went about some of it in the wrong way. Plus they just looked cranky especially Nicki. Every time the camera panned to Nicki she had some "bleepy" look on her face. Get over yourself already! Now on to the performances.

Kree - An amazing start to the show with her amazing performance of "With A Little Help From My Friends." Fabulous song, fabulous rendition, not too much more to say except she looked beautiful as well. A definite member of tomorrow's top 3.

Burnell - Why do the judges always kiss this guy's behind?! I think he's very talented but every song sounds the same. Although I liked his R&B rendition of "Let It Be," I felt slightly underwhelmed. He also looked completely uncomfortable throughout the song. Why sing this untouchable song if you've never heard it before?

Amber - Did she sing beautifully? Yes but I was bored out of my mind while she was singing "She's Leaving Home." I fear this song choice could put her in danger tomorrow.

Lazaro - I love him but he looked completely uncomfortable during entire song. He was sweating and his eyes kept shifting. He didn't do bad but again I was bored. I think the judges were so hard on him when he was no worse than some of the others. He was visibly upset and tearing up and my heart was breaking for him. To make matters worse after the commercial break, Ryan went back to the judges and made a comment about it and they were just as nasty. Instead of trying to offer some words of encouragement they belittled him and basically told him to toughen up. Well, they accomplished one thing, ensuring his place in the top 3 tomorrow.

Candace - Her version of  "Come Together" was one of the best performances of the night. She'll be safe but whether she'll be in top 3 is yet to be seen.

Paul - Sang one of my favorite songs, "Eleanor Rigby." Started good and went continuously uphill. I thought this was a phenomenal performance along with great staging. I have no idea what Nicki's problem was or any of the judges for that matter. They didn't like it of course, they always pick on Paul no matter what he does. In my opinion he is the best guy this season. I truly hope the votes come in for him tonight.

Angie - One word...Stellar!! Her version of "Yesterday" was subtle and beautiful. A definite member of the top three.

Devin - Loved his R&B rendition of "The Long and Winding Road." Song was underwhelming but sang beautifully. Possible danger?

Janelle - The judges loved her performance of "I Will," I on the other hand not so much. I adore her but this was not her best, she obviously had trouble hitting some of the notes and compared to the other girls she cannot compete. She will certainly be a country star but I don't believe she has a chance at the "American Idol" title.

So my predictions for tomorrow are as follows. Top 3: Kree, Angie & Lazaro. Bottom 2: Amber and Devin.
Tune in tomorrow to see if I am right. And please share your thoughts, I love to hear your opinion.

2 comments: